zaterdag 12 juni 2010

igor

Aanbevolen berichten

• Antwoorden 395
  • Created
  • Laatste antwoord

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nog een kwartier en dan is de winkel dicht, geen alcohol voor deze jongen.

Straks lekker een frietje eten vlak voor sluiting van de snackbar. Dan daar nog even de pilsjes laten staan en dan is er geen mogelijkheid meer tot drinken vandaag.

@dhendro, wat heb je gedaan waardoor je opnieuw moet leren lopen?

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Hoi baklap, het is een beschrijving van de fases na het stoppen; ik had eerst de afkickfase,
toen depri, toen huppel, nu nuchter leren lopen. Het is een soort beeldende
beschrijving hoe ik het ongeveer aanvoel, niet letterlijk ;)

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Na heel erg veel lezen weer eens een academicus tegengekomen wie zelf baclofen gebruikt heeft tegen alcoholisme:

quote:

Let me offer a bit of first-hand experience with baclofen. Completely anecdotal, yes, but it may contribute to the discussion.

I have not hit "rock bottom," but I am very alcohol-dependent. I self-medicate for anxiety and depression, and need about 5-6 drinks EVERY evening - I cannot remember the last time I have gone without a drink on a given day. Occasionally I will have up to 8 drinks in an evening, but rarely more than that. I am not a typical "rock bottom" alcoholic, since I have never blacked out, and I very much dislike the feeling of being severely drunk (yes, 5-6 drinks gives me a pleasant buzz only, indicating the extent of my dependency).

I am understandably concerned about my long-term health, and I was very intrigued about Dr Amiesen's experience with baclofen. I decided to try it myself (with the help of a physician, of course).

Baclofen is the only medication I am currently taking.

I began with 20mg a day, and I am now at 150mg. I think I have about reached my ideal dose, so I plan to stay at 150mg for several weeks before determining whether to continue increasing the dose or tapering off to a maintenance level.

Immediately I noticed a reduction in craving for alcohol, yet I have not been able to give up alcohol altogether, since it is so fully ingrained in my daily routine. Now at 150mg, I have gone from a minimum 5-6 drinks a day to splitting a single beer with my wife. For me this has been a revelation - I can drink half of a beer in the evening, and I have absolutely no urge to continue drinking.

My next step, which I will embark on next week, is to maintain the 150mg dose while ceasing alcohol altogether. This is a bit difficult for me. Even though 1/2 of a beer has zero intoxicating effect for me, it fulfills a habitual role in my daily routine that I find very difficult to give up.

What seals the deal for me is that baclofen induces absolutely NO CRAVING for baclofen itself (in this way it is much different from benzodiazepines, which can be highly crave-inducing). By this I mean that I must consciously remind myself to take the pills, and I never have the urge to take more. In fact, remembering to take the pills is a bit of a bother. This is in stark contrast to alcohol, where my whole drive home from work was filled with longing for that first glass once I got home. Anyone who has ever had problems with addiction will recognize what an enormous revelation this lack of craving has been.

Now for the side-effects: 1) sleepiness is an effect whenever the dosage increases. This subsides after a few days. 2) There is some very mild cognitive impairment, again mostly for the first couple of days after increasing dosage. However, I work in a very demanding academic field, and I have had no decrease in my work production or the quality of my work. Indeed, I am now able to work into the evening (when I would normally stop working in order to drink), and the mornings are free from mild hangover and mild dehydration that would occasionally occur with alcohol. 3) I am a bit more sluggish in the mornings (this is cured with a single cup of coffee, and poses no problem).

In all, these side-effects are very mild, and are much preferable to my previous alcohol dependency.

Beneficial side-effects include better sleep and reduced anxiety.

So in sum, my experience is just one more completely anecdotal piece of information, so take it for what it is. At the very least, however, it supports the call for more clinical studies.

If this discussion is still ongoing in a couple weeks, I will update with my progress.

Erg veelbelovend!

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Juist lekkere chinees gaan halen, maar wat kreeg ik plots een kramp in trek voor een wijntje zeg !!!!!!!!! Damn. Vlug iets fris op tafel zetten en niet verder denken, ik wil en zal vandaag ook niet drinken. Eventjes volhouden en de avond is om. Morgen andere dag.
Ik ga de tafel vlug dekken om mijn gedachten te verzetten. Tot strakjes misschien nog even. Hou jullie taai hé ;)

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Woman, de kater uitzetten is met stip erger. Bekkie, jij dom ?? Neen hoor, je bent een mens zoals ik. Alleen heb ik me vandaag kunnen bedwingen :D De kramp is weg, opgelost met chinees en cola. Nu ga ik eens lekker luieren in de zetel met een goed filmpje.
Goedenavond iedereen, morgen ga ik voor de goeden kiezen. Het is nu aan ons !! ;)
Ik lees jullie morgen :lips:

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

quote:

Originally posted by:
baklap

Na heel erg veel lezen weer eens een academicus tegengekomen wie zelf baclofen gebruikt heeft tegen alcoholisme:

Erg veelbelovend!

Hallo Baklap, wij kennen elkaar nog niet.
Toevallig heb ik een paar weken geleden een programma over dit middel gezien. Men was er zeer over te spreken.
In dat programma werd overigens beweerd dat de positieve resultaten min of meer "geheim" worden gehouden oiv de alcoholfabrikanten. Geen idee natuurlijk of dat zo is.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Maak een account aan of meld je aan om een opmerking te plaatsen

Je moet lid zijn om een opmerking achter te kunnen laten

Account aanmaken

Maak een account aan in onze gemeenschap. Het is makkelijk!

Registreer een nieuw account

Aanmelden

Ben je al lid? Meld je hier aan.

Nu aanmelden

• Nieuwe aanmaken...