Spring naar bijdragen

Nieuws, actueel & media

Paddy

Aanbevolen berichten

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ANN DOWSETT JOHNSTON

Self-aware and driven to educate others, Ann is the author of Drink: The Intimate Relationship Between Women and Alcohol. She lives in Toronto, and travels the world spreading her message about the multi-layered relationship women can have with their glass of wine (or Scotch or any other drink of choice). Ann is winner of five gold National Magazine Awards, and spent most of her professional career working at Maclean's magazine. She also earned Southam Fellowship in Journalism and served as vice-principal of McGill. Ann is, however, best recognized for her expertise in higher education and alcohol policy. She earned the Atkinson Fellowship in Public Policy and co-founded the National Roundtable in Girls, Women and Alcohol. A committed mother to a now-grown son and dedicated advocate, Ann is not only spreading her message through her writing - but working tirelessly for alcohol policy change in Canada.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Nu hier maar eens een lied. :-)

When I drink

I say things I don't want to say

I do things I don't wanna do

I talk mean to you

But if I think

I just might get something out of this

My parents taught me to learn when I miss

Just do your best

Just do your best

It's the only way to keep that last bit of sanity

Maybe I don't have to be good but I can try to be

At least a little better than I've been so far

But when I drink

I hear things that aren't really there

I feel things when I shouldn't really care

Have fist fights with the air

But if I think about someone besides myself

I lived through the silver and the bell

With something to tell

Just do your best

But when I drink

I spend the next morning in a haze

But we only get so many days

Now I have one less

Just do your best

Oh, at least a little better than I've been so far

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...

Intellectual pursuits may buffer the brain against addiction.

Challenging the idea that addiction is hardwired in the brain, a new UC Berkeley study of mice suggests that even a short time spent in a stimulating learning environment can rewire the brain’s reward system and buffer it against drug dependence.

http://news.berkeley.edu/2015/07/13/brain-addiction/

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 1 month later...

Een reportage (Dit is de dag van de EO) over een uniek experiment in een Korsakov-kliniek. Patiënten die ernstige hersenbeschadigingen hebben opgelopen door alcoholmisbruik maken kennis met zorgrobot Zora. GGZ-kliniek Vincent van Gogh in Venray probeert de patiënten fysiek en mentaal te activeren met behulp van de robot.

Ik vond de robot niet zo interessant, het inzicht in de beperkingen van koraskov patienten in het dagelijks leven wel. Ik zie dit toch als ons voorland als we alcohol niet de baas worden. Uiteindelijk gaat het dan die kant op. Voor mij nog een reminder van dit wil ik niet, dit gun ik niemand. Wat een nare ziekte. 

Uitzending
650730.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 months later...

Ook hier maar even neerzetten. Gisteren op TV nu onine.

Focus: Alles over alcohol

Het wordt algemeen aangenomen dat matig drinken goed voor je is. Eén maand lang drinkt Chris iedere dag drie eenheden alcoholische drank. De meeste mensen drinken echter anders: door de week een klein beetje en in het weekend gaan ze los. In diezelfde maand houdt zijn broer Xand er daarom een extreem drinkregime op na: hij verbruikt zijn 21 eenheden iedere zaterdagavond allemaal in één keer en staat de rest van de week droog. Hoe brengt Xand het ervan af? En hoe zullen deze twee totaal verschillende drinkpatronen hun gezondheid beïnvloeden?

http://www.npo.nl/focus-alles-over-alcohol/22-11-2015/VPWON_1241696

Deze aflevering is beschikbaar van 22 november 2015 19:17 tot 29 november 2015 23:55

bewerkt door erik
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Maak een account aan of meld je aan om een opmerking te plaatsen

Je moet lid zijn om een opmerking achter te kunnen laten

Account aanmaken

Maak een account aan in onze gemeenschap. Het is makkelijk!

Registreer een nieuw account

Aanmelden

Ben je al lid? Meld je hier aan.

Nu aanmelden
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...